Photo taken at the 2016 Spring Citizen Police Academy Graduation Ceremony. Pictured from left to right Sergeant George Gongora, (Graduate) Rickee Hill, Staff member, Officer Darryl Davis, (Guest Speaker) Chief Barry Mann of the Dos Palos Police Department, and Captain Chou Her.
The UC Merced Police Department offers a free 8-week Citizen Police Academy
Introduction to UCMPD
Law Enforcement Hiring Process
Use of Force
Violent Intruder Response
Dates to be announced
Who is eligible to apply?
- The academy is open to the UC Merced community and general public.
- Applicants must be 18 years old on or before the first class session.
- Applicants must not have felony convictions or outstanding warrants.
- Applicants must not be on parole or probation.
- Applicants will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
How to apply:
Contact Joshua Lutz