Faculty and Staff Advocate Resources
- Sexual assault is defined as completed or attempted acts attacks generally involving unwanted sexual contact between the survivor and perpetrator. Sexual assaults may or may not involve force and include such things as grabbing or fondling.
- Intimate partner violence is defined as completed or attempted acts between intimate partners generally involving threats, assault or stalking.
If you believe a member of the campus community is the victim of sexual assault or intimate partner violence:
- Consider the survior's safety and confidentiality.
- If the survivor is willing to talk to police, call 209-228-2677 (CAT-COPS).
- If the survivor declines talking to police but is willing to speak with an victims' advocate, call Valley Crisis Center at 209-722-4357.
- If the survivor is not willing to speak with a survivors' advocate, provide them with a Valley Crisis Center brochure (available at the Police Department).
- If the incident is not reported to the UC Merced Police, complete a UC Merced Clery Report Form.